Author Question: Write the First Amendment through Fourth Amendment in your own words? (Read 1213 times)

geoffrey

Amendment 1:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment 2:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment 3:
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Amendment 4:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

Can u write all 4 in own word?
I have no clue how to write this on my own wod. im not very good at that.

Sandstorm

Good question...I modified a bit to current times.  BTW - I realize this is for homework, but I thought it fun anyway.

Amendment 1: Congress shall pass no law prohibiiting a reasonable establishment of religion, restricting a public voice offering opinion except in the case of sedition, preventing the gathering of people to voice said opinion or any other provided reasonable safety be held, nor restricting the press to publish opinion apart from matters that severely address the safety of the nation as a whole, or the call upon the government to address the grievences of the people.

Amendment 2
Arms shall be held in the case of a standing militia recognized by the government of the United States.

Amendment 3
Quartering of troops shall not be forced unless law has been passed and the owner has been notified.

Amendment 4
Searches of persons and properties shall be conducted only when the person or owner of said property is well notiifed and informed.  Seizures of properties shall have reasonable consent from the court and written notice given to the owner or location of said property defining to what property is to be seized.