This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements about life income settlement options is (are) true? I. Under a ... (Read 49 times)

Haya94

Which of the following statements about life income settlement options is (are) true?

I. Under a joint-and-survivor life income option, payments cease at the death of the first annuitant.
  II. Under a life income with guaranteed period, a contingent beneficiary is guaranteed a minimum number of payments regardless of when the primary beneficiary dies.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Question 2

Which of the following statements about life insurance settlement options is true?

A) Under the fixed period option, the beneficiary normally has the right to make partial withdrawals in case of emergency.
  B) Under the fixed period option, any remaining proceeds revert to the insurer if the beneficiary dies before the end of the fixed period.
  C) Under the fixed amount option, the beneficiary can be given the right to increase or decrease the fixed amount.
  D) Under the fixed amount option, any interest credited in excess of the guaranteed rate increases the amount of each periodic payment.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sailorcrescent

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

xiaomengxian

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library