This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Rose needs to remember how to get to a new friend's house. If she does not remember how to get ... (Read 94 times)

jman1234

Rose needs to remember how to get to a new friend's house. If she does not remember how to get there, what could have gone wrong with her memory system? Answer the question by describing the three basic memory processes.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Recount an experience that involves episodic, semantic, and procedural memories. Be sure to explain how your experience exemplifies all three types of memory.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rekilledagain

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
Remembering how to get to a new friend's house involves putting information into memory in a form that the memory system can accept and use. Encoding can be visual, acoustic, or semantic. Rose may not have encoded the information about where her new friend lives. Storage means maintaining the information in the system over time. Procedural, semantic, and episodic memories can be stored for a long time. Given that the physical structures involved in memory are normal and the information has been encoded properly, failure to remember should not be due to a storage problem. Retrieval involves recalling information stored in memory and bringing it into consciousness. People often search memories looking for information. Rose may be unable to retrieve the information about where her friend lives because she did not make meaningful associations when she learned the information, the cues she needs may be missing, or she may be experiencing problems with decay or interference.

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
Below is a sample response:
I learned how to play the guitar from a friend when I was in high school. I can remember the first lesson in Jeff's basement. Jeff was always burning incense, so there was a distinctive smell. And after listening to a few songs, Jeff tried to teach me how to play Louie Louie. These memories are all episodic. I also encoded semantic memories like what a fret is, and what flats and sharps are. My procedural memories include how to position my fingers to play a moving bar chord and how to strike a single string without touching nearby strings.

jman1234

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library