Author Question: what could be the best term paper for sociology that involves the culture inside a university? (Read 924 times)

federox

i'm still a freshman college student and i'm not sure on how to choose a topic for my sociology term paper.

TI

Generalized thinking between society and what is needed to achieve goals with peer pressure within the university and social groups on campus.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

penguins

At your level, it shouldn't be too analytical.  Rather, you should be more descriptive:   define the school's  "cultures", identify them clearly, and then analyze the different cultures according to your definition.
Easy and useful to advance to the next level of being an actual proponent of something.  
My advice to any University student  is understand as early as possible what type of personality you have.  I have found that the vast majority of workplaces are stifling, mind-numbing holes BUT if you find one that suits your personality, it can be gravy.

camila

here's just a couple of ideas i could think of as a sociology major and a college student (out of many, i'm sure!)
-the drinking culture (how different it is from high school, experimentation, level of drinking, acceptance of binge drinking, how many people have fake IDs, etc.) - definitely a big part of college culture
-adjustment of freshman to college life (being on their own the first time, no one reminding them about homework or doing their laundry, chosing their own classes for possibly the first time, etc.)
-sorority/fraternity culture
If I understand your question correctly you're supposed to write about student culture/university culture... but you need a specific topic within that? Those would be examples of specific topics.  I don't know exactly what your assignment is, but it's usually better to pick something specific, than to try to tackle the broad general topic of "university culture" - wayy too much info and too difficult!

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library