Author Question: How can I rearrange this formula 1/R=A e -B/T to find the constant e and the other constant B? (Read 1372 times)

geoffrey

I'm conducting this thermometer experiment with the thermistor. I recorded the values on the voltmeter and the ammeter then found the resistance of the thermometer. I was then asked to plot an appropriate graph that would help to determine the constants e and B. I'm terrible at transposing formulas so if someone transpose the above formula, I will be able to continue from there. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hawke

e is a constant.

To solve for B, first divide by A,

1/RA = e^(-BT)

Then take the natural log,

ln(1/RA) = -BT

Divide by -T,

-1/T ln(1/RA) = B

EDIT: If you want to plot a graph and solve this graphically instead of analytically, you'll first need to plug in your data and then try to use a best fit curve to approximate a trend. From there, based on the equation of that curve, you can determine B. I recommend Graphical Analysis for this - it's a fairly easy program to use and it can fit a variety of curves, without being overly complicated.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library