Author Question: What motivates you to succeed? (Read 2615 times)

aero

I need to ask this question for my cultural anthropology homework

federox

Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2013
i want a good life
and to make my parents and everyone i know proud
and to be able to sustain myself

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Jesse_J

Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2013
I am an masochist. I like to push myself to see how much I can handle. Also, my life situation let me make the decision to be the breadwinner in my family so that my husband can stay at home with the kids. I am motivated because I feel that staying home with children is cruel and unusual punishment for me. Hope this helps.

Hawke

Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2013
I look to God for the vision of the goal and all the resources to obtain it.

Jones

Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2013
my goals!
i have big goals for myself, and passions in life.
i don't think i'll feel fulfilled if i don't accomplish the things that i want to accomplish in life. i don't know how long i'll be in this world, so i'm going to get done as many things as i can! =)

Sandstorm

Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2013
(Motivation comes from the brain,
Inspiration comes from the heart.)

First off, you have to define success. Success is related to you and how you see yourself within society. For one person success is merely living each day in health and fulfulment, while for another it is earning more than $100,000 a year. If you feel like you have succeeded, you have; however, that might not be "societies" opinion. But does that even matter?

I think this homework requires you to take a look at your own concept of success which will in turn reflect your position within your culture (mainstream or not).

For me, I'm not really motivated to succeed...but I am inspired to better myself each and every day.

coco

Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2013
I think that as a society, especially here in the USA, we could do much better at living by our higher values of opportunity and equality.  I hope to improve myself and maybe influence others through my example.

j_sun

Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2013
I just wanna be proud of myself.

j_sun

Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2013
If I don't succeed I fail. When I fail I learn from my mistakes. But ultimately I want to have failed enough times to learn how to succeed in life. That success for me is to become a good father, husband, son, and brother.

Jesse_J

Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2013
Not really anything.
I work, I study, I do well for myself and enjoy the life I have, but I can't really think of anything that's 'pushed' be towards my goals except sporadic whims that I've gone through.

Hawke

Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2013
on a personal level.A friend of mine hates the town he lives in. He feels he is too old to not have his career. He says what motivates him to succeed is when he thinks about having his career and having his own place. Basically fantasizing about succeeding and working towards it.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library