Author Question: How is it that crime may be a form of adapting to one?s environment? (Read 827 times)

curlz

What kinds of circumstances would likely promote a person choosing crime over other behaviors? Are these the same circumstances that you think would need to change in order to reverse adaptive criminal behavior, or is it not that simple? Give examples to support your opinion.

( This not homework just a discussion)

Garrulous

I think about this all the time...The vast majority of my clients aren't bad people.  Most are just in bad situations.  Many are mentally ill or addicted to some substance...

I often wonder what it would take to put me on that side of the law....I wonder what paths taken in my past would have led that way if I hadn't veered off...It seems to me that most people don't just choose crime...most finally give into the need...eventually, after you cross the line enough times, you forget it's there...

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library