This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A local theater charges 5.00 for every matinee (daytime) ticket, but the ticket prices are much ... (Read 98 times)

swpotter12

A local theater charges 5.00 for every matinee (daytime) ticket, but the ticket prices are much higher during the evening. This is an example of

A) peak-load pricing.
  B) second-degree price discrimination.
  C) a two-part tariff.
  D) bundling.
  E) none of the above

Question 2

Smith just bought a house for 250,000. Earthquake insurance, which would pay 250,000 in the event of a major earthquake, is available for 25,000.

Smith estimates that the probability of a major earthquake in the coming year is 10 percent, and that in the event of such a quake, the property would be worth nothing. The utility (U) that Smith gets from income (I) is given as follows: U(I) = I0.5. Should Smith buy the insurance? A) Yes.
  B) No.
  C) Smith is indifferent.
  D) We need more information on Smith's attitude toward risk.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 1, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library