This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, ... (Read 315 times)

bobbie

A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, closing my eyes, and concentrating on my breathing. The patient is describing use of

a. imagery.
  b. meditation.
  c. relaxation.
  d. recreation.

Question 2

The key to modifying co-dependent behavior is

a. recognition.
  b. recreation.
  c. intensive therapy.
  d. establishing vulnerability.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Meditation uses the techniques described. Imagery requires the patient to focus on a pleasant scene. The scenario does not describe relaxation or recreation, although the end result of meditation should be relaxation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
In order to change or modify co-dependent behavior, the individual must recognize that the behavior is co-dependent and must come to understand its effects on patients and peers. Recreation is not the key to modifying co-dependent behavior. Intensive therapy may not be required to modify co-dependent behavior. Establishing vulnerability has nothing to do with modifying co-dependent behavior.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library