This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has a history of excessive drinking, which has led to multiple arrests for driving under ... (Read 41 times)

serike

A client has a history of excessive drinking, which has led to multiple arrests for driving under the influence (DUI). The client states, I work hard to provide for my family. I don't see why I can't drink to relax.

The nurse recognizes the use of which defense mechanism? A. Projection
  B. Rationalization
  C. Regression
  D. Sublimation

Question 2

A nurse is assessing 15-year-old identical twins who respond very differently to stress. One twin becomes anxious and irritable, while the other withdraws and cries. How should the nurse explain these different responses to stress to the parents?

A. Reactions to stress are relative rather than absolute; individual responses to stress vary.
  B. It is abnormal for identical twins to react differently to similar stressors.
  C. Identical twins should share the same temperament and respond similarly to stress.
  D. Environmental influences weigh more heavily than genetic influences on reactions to stress.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gcook

Answer to Question 1

B
The nurse should recognize that the client is using rationalization, a common defense mechanism. The client is attempting to make excuses and create logical reasons to justify unacceptable feelings or behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

A
Responses to stress are variable among individuals and may be influenced by perception, past experience, and environmental factors in addition to genetic factors.

serike

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library