This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse works with a child who is sad and irritable because the child's parents are divorcing. Why ... (Read 21 times)

penguins

A nurse works with a child who is sad and irritable because the child's parents are divorcing. Why is establishing a therapeutic alliance with this child a priority?

a. Therapeutic relationships provide an outlet for tension.
  b. Focusing on the strengths increases a person's self-esteem.
  c. Acceptance and trust convey feelings of security to the child.
  d. The child should express feelings rather than internalize them.

Question 2

Soon after parents announced they were divorcing, a child stopped participating in sports, sat alone at lunch, and avoided former friends. The child told the school nurse, If my parents loved me, they would work out their problems.

Which nursing diagnosis has the highest priority?

a. Social isolation
  b. Decisional conflict
  c. Chronic low self-esteem
  d. Disturbed personal identity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nothere

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Trust is frequently an issue because the child may question their trusting relationship with the parents. In this situation, the trust the child once had in parents has been disrupted, reducing feelings of security. The correct answer is the most global response.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
This child shows difficulty coping with problems associated with the family. Social isolation refers to aloneness that the patient perceives negatively, even when self-imposed. The other options are not supported by data in the scenario.

penguins

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

irishcancer18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library