Author Question: The fact that a young child who experiences brain trauma as a young child is more likely to recover ... (Read 58 times)

cdr_15

The fact that a young child who experiences brain trauma as a young child is more likely to recover language skills than an older adult who experiences the same type of brain trauma may be due to:

a. a healthier immune system.
  b. neural plasticity.
  c. a healthier brain.
  d. neural rewiring.

Question 2

Imagine that we travel back in time and meet two Americans. The first says, I am sometimes called the father of U.S. psychiatry. I used bloodletting to treat my mental patients, but I insisted they be treated with respect.. The second says, Although I was only a schoolteacher, when I saw the deplorable conditions under which mental patients were living, I devoted my life to establishing suitable mental hospitals.. The first person was ____; the second was ____.

a. Benjamin Rush; Dorothea Dix
  b. William Tuke; Clifford Beers
  c. Clifford Beers; Dorothea Dix
  d. Benjamin Rush; Friedrich Anton Mesmer

joanwhite

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library