Author Question: The fact that a young child who experiences brain trauma as a young child is more likely to recover ... (Read 60 times)

cdr_15

The fact that a young child who experiences brain trauma as a young child is more likely to recover language skills than an older adult who experiences the same type of brain trauma may be due to:

a. a healthier immune system.
  b. neural plasticity.
  c. a healthier brain.
  d. neural rewiring.

Question 2

Imagine that we travel back in time and meet two Americans. The first says, I am sometimes called the father of U.S. psychiatry. I used bloodletting to treat my mental patients, but I insisted they be treated with respect.. The second says, Although I was only a schoolteacher, when I saw the deplorable conditions under which mental patients were living, I devoted my life to establishing suitable mental hospitals.. The first person was ____; the second was ____.

a. Benjamin Rush; Dorothea Dix
  b. William Tuke; Clifford Beers
  c. Clifford Beers; Dorothea Dix
  d. Benjamin Rush; Friedrich Anton Mesmer

joanwhite

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A