Author Question: How many courses can you take in a University? (Read 836 times)

Melanie

I'm currently a freshman in Highschool. I was searching some information dealing with college. I want to take Computer science for SURE. I always want to take other courses like Physical Sciences. I want to also learn physical science because you never know what could happen, and knowing a little about the geography you could be more prepared for geography problems.

Jesse_J

Different schools have different limits for how many credits you can take at once.  You would have to look on the school's website or ask the admissions office. Just remember, you don't have to take all the classes at once, you're going to be there for a few years.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

My college only allows I think 17 credits and if you wanted to go over then you have to get permission from the school which is usually denied. General, beginners classes are 3 credits, as you get further into your college career like your junior and senior year there are 4 and 5 credit courses, so you could end up only taking 4 classes. And just because you can take 5 or 6 classes does not mean you should. It's nothing like high school. You may not be getting homework but a lot more is expected of you and you can become overwhelmed and fail or have to drop classes. Which is a waste of money. You've got lots of time to learn that though lol only in 9th grade!

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library