Author Question: What can i expect in sociology class? (Read 777 times)

geoffrey

Im15 and in 10th grade in high school. I recently got my scheduale and found out im in sociology. So i was wondering what can i expect?
Can i expect a lot of reading?
A lot of writing?
A lot of tests?
Can i expect a lot of group work or is most of it going to be individual?

ricki

Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013
My sociology class was very little homework and very little writing and very few tests. What we did do however was look at articles about health care, politics, abortion, etc. typical controversial issues and discussed our opinions on it as well as how these issues can be addressed on a larger national or worldwide scale.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library