This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A walking survey: 1. determines how much exercise expectant mothers have been getting to help ... (Read 3 times)

Jramos095

A walking survey:

1. determines how much exercise expectant mothers have been getting to help in-form patient care decisions.
  2. usually takes place on the maternity ward but can be expanded to other areas of the hospital.
  3. is a method of observing the resources and health-related environment of the community.
  4. is performed by government census takers as part of their canvas.

Question 2

The mother of a child having myringotomy tubes placed asks, Will my son lose his hearing while the tubes are in place? What is your best answer?

A) The tubes are inserted into a section of eardrum in which the hearing is not affected.
  B) There is some risk of permanent deafness, but the benefit of decreasing the infection is worth it.
  C) Your son's hearing will decrease while the tubes are in place.
  D) Have you asked your son's physician about that?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lkoler

Answer to Question 1

1. Incorrect. A walking survey has nothing to do with exercise. It is an observational me-thod used to assess the health environment of the community.
2. Incorrect. A walking survey takes place in the community, not the maternity ward.
3. Correct. The walking survey is a valuable tool for the nurses in the community.
4. Incorrect. A walking survey is not part of the census; it is conducted by nurses in the community.

Answer to Question 2

A

Jramos095

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library