Author Question: How do I rearrange the y=mx+b equation to find the unknown value of X on my graph? (Read 2419 times)

luvbio

I am using the formula y=mx+b on a graph, I am trying to find the values of 3 unknown concentrations of DNA on the X axis, how do I rearrange this equation so I can find these hidden values? My straight line equation is y=0.0006x + 0.0247 any help would be great! Thanks.

Yolanda

y = mx + b
y - b = mx
x = (y - b) / m
y = 0.0006x + 0.0247
y - 0.0247 = 0.0006x
x = (y - 0.0247) / 0.0006

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

(y-b)/m=x

so

(y-0.0247)/0.0006=x

sadsdas

subtract b
then divide by m

y=mx+b
y - b =mx
(y-b)/m = x

geoffrey

x =    -41.1667 + 1666.67 y

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library