Author Question: What are good questions to ask the employer when doing a job interview? (Read 1151 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

My field is computer science or information technology

tth

How early can I leave work? How much vacation do I get? What's the most you will pay me? What are my benefits?
--Just kidding. Don't ask these questions at the job interview!

You should go to their website and learn about the company. Then ask them questions (perhaps three will do it) about certain aspects of their company. It's really a way for you to show them that you are very interested in their company and that you have done your homework.

You could also ask them about the typical career path in their company, if this is appropriate based on what you have learned about their company.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

Research the history of the company and find a question you can ask about it.  They love that.

ricki

Also be sure to ask about the possibility for advancement and growth in your field.  They like to hear things that make them believe you will stay there forever.

Millan

I would ask if you required to do (on call) work, If this is a salaried or an hourly pay position,what if any further training they will pay for,what your insurance will cost,do they have matching 401k? Find out exactly what your hours will be.These questions will let them know that you are interesred in them and may plan on staying for a while.

mydiamond

Asking about stock options is always a show of confidence in a company.  Cover stock prices how it has increased or decreased and why it has done that. By showing your interest in the stock of the company you are showing that you have done research into the company and you are still there to get interviewed.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library