Author Question: How do I enjoy studying for college? (Read 923 times)

torybrooks

It feels like I often set goals for myself that I never complete. For example today I am supposed to be at my desk reading chapter 1 and taking notes in Computer Science, then look up and attempt some Calculus 1 problems. It feels like my mind keeps pushing it off by trying to find other way's to keep busy until I end up doing it. Usually it takes until the day of to read the chapters and I do it sloppy because I am rushed.

notis

Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013
make a deal with yourself that you will just START it.  Read the calculus problems before you go do whatever you are doing the rest of the day, then when it's time to DO the calculus homework, it wont be so imposing.

Same with the CS reading: just skim the chapter and or read the into/outline.  then you'll see it aint so bad.

Also, it doesn't all have to be fun.  sometimes homework sux, deal with it.  keep your eye on your long-term goals, such as the degree

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library