Author Question: I made it all the way through high school without knowing how to do even basic algebra? (Read 1173 times)

frankwu

I'm going to college soon for Computer Science any suggestions on what I should do maybe recommend some books. I will probably do the tutoring thing once the classes star, also is there anyone else in the same boat as me.

Jkov05

I'm the same, nearly finished year 12 and have no clue how to do anything involving algebra. And i'm going to be doing a course at uni next year that involves maths so this is my plan, which you might find helpful.

Going to get the maths book you can buy at newsagents and stuff called Excel (don't know if they have them where you are, but they'll have something). The books teach you how to do all the basic algebra stuff and harder stuff and have questions and answers and everything. I definately recommend you get a tutor, i'm going to. Otherwise i think it'll become to hard and i'll just fall way behind. The tutor can help you learn things as you do them in college. Maybe even start tutoring before classes start, so you don't start off the year confused. If you've got a friend that could maybe teach you for free that'd be useful :)
Good luck!!!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

coco

If you are going to a real college, they will probably require you to pass College Algebra (or something like it).  This is where you will get another chance to actually learn algebra.  For some people, algebra is too abstract a concept, and it takes a while for their brain to develop enough to get it.  Maybe you are ready now.  Even if your college doesn't require it, you can certainly take a college algebra class - there or at a community college.  Be sure you attend every class, do all the homework, and ask the teacher for help.  Math builds on previous knowledge, so don't allow yourself to get lost or behind.
Good luck!

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library