Author Question: how to start an essay about were romeo and juliet really in love? (Read 1465 times)

coco

im writing a essay for class but i dont know how to write a good introduction paragraph. the question to the essay is : were romeo and juliet really in love? and my answer is no. please help

Melanie

The intro should be kept brief and get to the main point. So say something along the lines that..

Romeo and J were not in love because of so and so these are my reasons to my theory...

And when you get into paragraphs thats where you can get into detail. Support your reasons and dont be middle sided. You either say YES or NO and you stick to that firmly. Im sure you know that already right?

Romeo and J I believe were not in love because of blah and to continue blah and blah. These are my reasons to back up my theory.

ya this para sounds a little better

the intro should be a least 3-5 sentences long.

Good luck
and Good night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Sandstorm

One idea is to start with a quote about love, and then lead in that way.  Be careful with starting with quotes, some professors/teachers don't like that.

However, regardless if you go with a quote or not, I think you should write your introduction about defining what love is, since your essay depends on your argument as to why Romeo and Juliet did not have this.  Maybe then lead your introduction down to . . . This is what love is, Romeo and Juliet were not in love.(Which would be along the lines of your thesis.)

You might also think of describing what Romeo and Juliet had . . .infatuation?  Teenage crush . . .ya know the kind of relationship that lasts a day.  

Best of luck!  :-)

Hawke

Some people want what romeo and juliet has.  Their "love story" is rebellious and dangerous, but not love; it is an infatuation that lead to their death... what dumb a$$es =)

you can make it sound better... just dont start off with a quote.. teachers hate that.. make a thesis with 3 reasons why you think its not love.. then in each paragraph, explain each reason *you know, back it up*

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library