This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A rigid rod of length l rotates about an axis perpendicular to the rod, with one end of the rod ... (Read 36 times)

vHAUNG6011

A rigid rod of length l rotates about an axis perpendicular to the rod, with one end of the rod fixed to the axis. Which of the following are equal at all points on the rod? I. the angular position II. the angular velocity III. the angular acceleration IV. the centripetal acceleration V. the tangential acceleration
 a. I and II
  b. I, II, and III
  c. I, II, III and IV
  d. I, II, III, IV and V
  e. I, II and IV.

Question 2

A small sphere attached to a light rigid rod rotates about an axis perpendicular to and fixed to the other end of the rod. Relative to the positive direction of the axis of rotation, the angular positions of the sphere are negative, its angular velocity is negative, and its angular acceleration is negative. The sphere is
 a. rotating clockwise and slowing down.
  b. rotating counterclockwise and slowing down.
  c. rotating clockwise and speeding up.
  d. rotating counterclockwise and speeding up.
  e. first rotating counterclockwise and then clockwise.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fauacakatahaias

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

vHAUNG6011

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library