This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse. ... (Read 115 times)

piesebel

Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse.

At the suggestion of the risk manager, the company decided to build four smaller regional warehouses so that a loss at the central warehouse would not be a catastrophic blow to the company's distribution system. Splitting the inventory between four regional warehouses illustrates which risk management technique?
  A) duplication
  B) risk transfer
  C) separation
  D) risk avoidance

Question 2

Which of the following statements concerning the selection of risk management techniques and insurance market conditions is (are) true?

I. It's easier to purchase affordable insurance during a soft  market than during a hard market.
  II. Retention is used more during a soft market than during a hard market.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dinolord

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

piesebel

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library