Author Question: John is alienated and this is reflected in how he responds to others. A friend recently asked him, ... (Read 20 times)

jho37

John is alienated and this is reflected in how he responds to others. A friend recently asked him, How's life treating you? John truthfully responded:

A) A-OK
  B) I really don't care.
  C) I'm distressed by it.
  D) Let me think about it and I'll get back to you later.

Question 2

Sociologist who stressed the development of alienation among workers in a capitalist system:

A) Emile Durkheim
  B) Auguste Comte
  C) Max Weber
  D) Karl Marx

iceage

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library