This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In the assault cycle, people are unable to listen to reason, follow directions, or engage in mental ... (Read 36 times)

Beheh

In the assault cycle, people are unable to listen to reason, follow directions, or engage in mental exercises during the stage of

1. crisis.
  2. trigger.
  3. recovery.
  4. escalation.

Question 2

The nurse has recently set limits for a patient with borderline personality disorder. The patient tells the nurse, You used to care about me. I thought you were wonderful. Now I can see I was mistaken. You're hateful..

Which phenomenon is represented by this response? a. Splitting
  b. Denial
  c. Reaction formation
  d. Projection

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Answer to Question 1

Characteristics of the crisis stage in the assault cycle

Answer to Question 2

A
Splitting involves an inability to recognize that an individual can have both positive and negative qualities. Instead, when a person exhibits positive qualities, the patient idealizes that person, and when the person displeases the patient, the patient denigrates that same person. In this case, the patient is switching from idealization to denigration in response to a perceived negative aspect of the nurse. Denial is a defense mechanism wherein anxiety is reduced by blocking awareness or acceptance of whatever is causing the anxiety. Reaction formation involves unconsciously doing the opposite of an anxiety-provoking impulse. Projection is a defense mechanism wherein the person denies that the anxiety-provoking urge or thought exists and instead projects it onto others, so that the patient perceives others as having the thought or urge that is really their own (but unacceptable for them to face).

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library