Author Question: The word triage originated during World War I and was first used by French docto (Read 842 times)

penza

The word triage originated during World War I and was first used by French doctors in prioritizing patients based on the severity of their wounds, because there were more wounded soldiers in need of urgent care than there were resources to treat them. Conservation biologists have to make similar determinations with degraded ecosystems. Which of the following is the most important consideration when it comes to managing for maintenance of biodiversity?
A) identifying large, high-profile vertebrates first, because steps to saving them would be most recognized by the public
B) determining which species is most important for conserving biodiversity as a whole
C) replanting suitable habitat for fauna
D) assessing the economic costs and the gains for society
E) maintaining optimum size of all populations in the ecosystem

plus1

I recall doing this last year, it's B, bye bye!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library