Author Question: The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile? (Read 1049 times)

curlz

I am currently in an online college Physical Science class. This question is one of the ones on my current homework assignment, and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the book or online. Please help!

The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile?

A.) 98 m/s
B.) 14 m/s
C.) 10 m/s
D.) 200 m/s

Thanks!

federox

Vy = vertical component of the initial velocity

Vy² = 2gh
Vy² = 2*9.8*5 = 98

Vy = squareroot of 98 = 9.9 m/s
answer C : 10m/s
+++++++++++++++++++

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library