Author Question: What are the six 6 rights that allow people to engage in business in the constitution? (Read 891 times)

hummingbird

Homework help!! And where are they found in the constitution?

j_sun

HEY BCNU

I KNOW ABOUT THE CONTRACT CLAUSE.
IT IS NOT A RIGHT.
I KNOW ABOUT THE TENTH AMENDMENT.
IT IS NOT A PERSONAL RIGHT THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO ENGAGE IN BUSINESS.

LEARN HOW TO READ.

There is no such thing in the constitution.

Ask your idiot teacher WHY s/he is not qualified to teach this course.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Hawke

For starters:
One of them is called the "Contract Clause" in Article I, section 10, clause 1, which prohibits States from "impairing obligations of contracts", which means the state is limited in legislating what kinds of private contracts people can engage in, or modifying existing government contracts.

You would think that someone who "wrote a book about the Constitution" would know that.

Consider also the Tenth Amendment that reserves MOST regulatory powers to the "states or to the people", meaning that Congress can't regulate things outside of its jurisdiction, such as private sales of firearms that have not passed in "interstate commerce".

Hungry!

The Constitution doesn't allow business.

Your teacher is an idiot.

The Constitution tells the federal government what it is allowed to do.

Per the Tenth Amendment, if a power is not specifically given to the Federal Government by the people, the Federal Government does not have that power.

Your teacher's premise, that the government allows business to do things, is very scary indeed.

In the US, the government exists to serve the people. It's frightening when government employees like your teacher forget that they are put there by us to serve us.

Here's a link to the Constitution. I strongly recommend that your teacher read it. I sincerely doubt that your teaxher has ever read the Constitution.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library