Author Question: What is best advise anyone can give me before i start school for a Bachelor of Science in Business/Admin? (Read 1466 times)

coco

I am currently 26, i have my high school diploma and i have been working since 1999 with hardly any schooling.  I have worked mainly with retail clothing and production companies.  Well i was thinking about how my life is now and if it stays this way i am going to be working for the rest of my life.  So i was researching and i feel that a major in business is what i want and need.  I just want to know if there is any advise for someone who has been out of school for over 7 years now and is planning on majoring in business.  Example if there is any classes i should take before hand or what i was thinking was some math classes and english lit. classes to refresh my memory.  Thanks in advance for any advise.

Jones

get a digital recorder to 'tape' all your classes instead of taking quick notes. you'll have some notes to take but being able to reveiue each class is a big help. good luck in all you do.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

ricki

Try joining a study group. Also make sure you know the professor's office hours in case you need their help.  I took the math refresher course and it helped me tremendously. Good luck!

Millan

If I have $2000 in a bank account and the interest is 3% per year, what will I have 25 years from now? If that's simple to you, don't bother about the math. If it's hard, a math class is not a bad idea.

Anyway, as long as you work hard and is disciplined once you start, you should be fine.

Not a bad idea to start interest in business and administration. The Wall Street Journal and Harvard Business Review are good sources of information and it helps to get a flavor for the terminology and concepts

Jesse_J

Before you start, send for your high school transcript. Any college will require that. The first year you will have to take standard Freshman courses, especially English and math. You won't have a choice that year. The second year, you can begin to make some choices. Ask for a counselor and then get to know that person. He/she will help you plan the courses you need to take and when to take them. This will make all the difference in your success or failure. To try to plan your own courses is a big mistake. Learning the study habit again is a major concern, so look for a quiet area you can study in. Kids can stand noise while they study, adults can't.

I applaud your decision to go to school. This is a big step in your life, but without higher education and a degree, you are on a treadmill going nowhere. Stick with it, especially when it seems like you can't open another book, read another page, turn in more homework. Your computer will be an invaluable aid. You'll need a good dictionary, a good encyclopedia, and a tape recorder that has playback. Headphones are also necessary.

Go for it, and the best of luck to you!

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library