Author Question: The distraught wife of a terminally ill patient complains to the nurse, My husband has not been ... (Read 35 times)

danielfitts88

The distraught wife of a terminally ill patient complains to the nurse, My husband has not been shaved, and he has that miserable gown on instead of his own pajamas. Don't you people care about things like that? The nurse's best response would be:

a. I delayed his morning care because he was sleeping comfortably. I'll complete his care now that he is awake.
  b. We are running late today and I have six other patients to care for. What do you want?
  c. Of course we care Someone will come to do his care before lunch.
  d. I'm sorry you feel we are doing such a poor job. I am doing my best.

Question 2

The nurse emphasizes that the objective of pain control for the dying patient is to:

a. keep the patient unconscious and relaxed to avoid the perception of pain.
  b. delay medication until the patient reports that the pain is intense.
  c. find a control level that reduces pain, but allows the patient to interact.
  d. eradicate pain completely.

Pariscourtney

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library