This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What circumstances introduced in Part I turn out to have a profoundeffect on events in the story? ... (Read 207 times)

Diane

What circumstances introduced in Part I turn out to have a profoundeffect on events in the story?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Exactly where does Chopins story take place? How can you tell?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juliaf

Answer to Question 1

• This severe storm was unexpected; otherwise, Bobint would not have gone on this errand to Friedheimers store with his son in the first place. Because its strength is so clear (both in sight and sound)somber clouds that were rolling with sinister intention from the west, accompanied by a sullen, threatening roarBobint decides to stay at the store in safety, until the storm passes. That Sylvie, a house servant, helped Calixta the day before becomes an important detail, because her absence means Calixta is home alone. When Alce happens to be walking by her house, he asks for her help and she willingly invites him inside.

Answer to Question 2

• The storys cultural milieu is the French Catholic bayou country of Louisiana. The fierce storm, the can of shrimp, and the characters French names signify that this story takes place in Louisiana. Calixtas concern that the levees may not withstand this fierce storm, as well as the French expressions (Dieu sait or Bonte), set the story near New Orleans. Alces wife, Clarisse, is visiting her family in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the storm is so powerful that she may have felt its effects even from that distance.

Diane

Reply 2 on: Jul 20, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lkanara2

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library