This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I have heard that exercise prevents bone loss. Is swimming a good exercise for this? ... (Read 69 times)

tth

I have heard that exercise prevents bone loss. Is swimming a good exercise for this?

Question 2

The failure of the body to repair damaged DNA leads to the step in cancer development called:
  1.initiation.
  2.metastasis.
  3.progression.
  4.promotion.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

harveenkau8139

Answer to Question 1

Although swimming is a wonderful way to strengthen muscles and keep your heart healthy, it is not the best exercise to keep your bones strong. This is because only weight-bearing exercises that cause your bones and muscles to work against gravity actually challenge the bone to grow and strengthen. Include weight-bearing exercises like jogging, jumping, tennis, and weight lifting in your routine.

Answer to Question 2

tth

Reply 2 on: Aug 21, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

vickyvicksss

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library