Author Question: What is a good attention getter for an introduction? (Read 2107 times)

j_sun

Im writing an essay for romeo and juliet and my thesis statement is "passion can overtake reason and common sense". What would be a good first sentence for and intro paragraph for that?

hummingbird

Attention getta can be difficult, but you can't lose hope! Especially when you're talking about Romeo and Juriet.

Personally the Commander's favorite character in the whole play is Balthazar because he stays true to what he believes in. But this isn't about the Commander, this is about your essay so I'll get right to the point.

You should start your essay with "Passion can overtake reason and common sense.", it sound very articulate and clever. No need to thank me, I just came up with it off the top of head!