Author Question: How can i fight my lazy habit to do homework? (Read 940 times)

Garrulous

I had a math homework today, and i dont know why i dont want to do this homework. please tell me how to fght this habit.

penguins

Maybe reward yourself when you finish. Say to yourself...if i do X number of problems i will go for a walk or watch a tv program. It's basic psychology, called conditioning. If, mentally, you train your brain to work for rewards then you shouldn't procrasinate.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Hawke

You should try and look at all the bad things that are going to happen if you don't do it. You will received low marks etc... Another thing that helps would be to keep a reward for yourself once you have done it. The reward could be anything, I personally would not choose food. Try to look at the positive side of homework, you could learn something new and improve your skills. Best thing, which I am sure many will say: do it as soon as possible so you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want! The worst thing to do is tell yourself you are gonna do it "later" and then later comes and what happens, you will do it "later". That way you will get no where. Besides when you finish your homework you get a really nice sense of relief and you can relax. If there are subjects you enjoy, for example I adore english, mathematics, Sciences and Arts in General. Do the homework you like first or visa-versa. Answering your question in specific, I don't really know what you mean by "for no random reason you don't want to do maths homework" (my words) use the methods listed above. And how much is it anyway? Trust me, some homework is worth the effort if it is a lot or whatever. I hope this answer helped, I recommend if you want professional opinions to google it. If you have a time management issue ask your teacher for advise and help. Feel free to ask parents. You could invite friends over for a couple of hours to help each other with homework that seems like it should remove all the "pain" from it.

j_sun

Think about the consequences of not doing your homework ,what'd that bring you if you keep putting off your homework for whatever reason  ,you will still have to do it later because if you don't you'll lose grads at the Class and your teacher as well as your college would take a bad impression about you that are unreliable and apathetic ,,but think about the otherwise if did all your homework on time ,,,you gonna have much more time for yourself to do many things ,may take up a new hoppies which could be usefull for you in the future in addition to gaining your teachers and colleges respect and you gonna hear lots of encouraging words as incentives which will push you forward to do more usefull thing and thus success in life will be guaranteed for you

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library