Author Question: How likely is it to have a career in Psychology? (Read 1015 times)

Jones

It is my passion, for I have been asking questions concerning personal development since the age of five.

I plan on going to grad school. Hopefully in Experimental Psychology, with an interest in personality through the processes/development of attention and perception in accordance to Gestalt Theory.
(I like to design experiments that explain our personalities using behavioral patterns as the dependent variables.)

ricki

Wow.. i must say we share this passion;)

Go for it if it really inspires you.. there are so many positive things attached to it..

Psychology jobs not only pay well but you also get a chance to serve the humanity. In today's world when depression is uncontrollable you can add value to people's lives. this profession will not only bring you money but will give you peace also..

There are many good as well as bad qualities attributed with this profession but as long as it is your passion just go for it..

Follow your heart, free your mind from worries (as you need a strong mind to mend the broken ones) and rock the world!!

Best of Luck!!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Hungry!

Careers in experimental psych are always likely. But you are going to have trouble finding any sponsorship or publishing opportunities for work from a Gestalt view. Trying to do serious work from a Gestalt viewpoint is like trying to sell black-and-white TVs. You need to do some study in cognitive psychology. That's where the work is today and into the foreseeable future.

Go for psych. It has no limits. But do your homework, too.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library