This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is consulting a certified nurse-midwife because she is hoping for a vaginal birth after ... (Read 79 times)

HudsonKB16

A client is consulting a certified nurse-midwife because she is hoping for a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) with this pregnancy. Which statement indicates that the client requires more information about VBAC?

1. I can try a vaginal birth because my uterine incision is a low segment transverse incision.
  2. The vertical scar on my skin doesn't mean that the scar on my uterus goes in the same direction.
  3. There is about a 90 chance of giving birth vaginally after a cesarean.
  4. Because my hospital has a surgery staff on call 24 hours a day, I can try a VBAC there.

Question 2

The nurse examines the patient's placenta and finds that the umbilical cord is inserted at the placental margin. The patient comments that the placenta and cord look different than they did for her first two births.

The nurse should explain that this variation in placenta and cord is called a: 1. Placenta accreta.
  2. Circumvallate placenta.
  3. Succenturiate placenta.
  4. Battledore placenta.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 3. Women whose previous cesarean was performed because of nonrecurring indications have been reported to have approximately a 60 to 80 chance of success with VBAC.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Placenta accreta is a placenta that grows into the uterine wall.
Rationale 2: A circumvallate placenta has a fold of the amnion and chorion on the placental surface.
Rationale 3: In succenturiate placenta, at least one extra lobe is attached to the edge of the placenta.
Rationale 4: In battledore placenta, the cord is inserted at or near the edge of the placenta.

HudsonKB16

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

mcarey591

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library