This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a woman who has had an evacuation for a hydatidiform mole (molar pregnancy) about her ... (Read 50 times)

justinmsk

After teaching a woman who has had an evacuation for a hydatidiform mole (molar pregnancy) about her condition, which of the following statements indicates that the nurse's teaching was successful?

A) I will be sure to avoid getting pregnant for at least 1 year..
  B) My intake of iron will have to be closely monitored for 6 months..
  C) My blood pressure will continue to be increased for about 6 more months..
  D) I won't use my birth control pills for at least a year or two..

Question 2

The fetus of a pregnant patient is in a breech presentation. Where will the nurse auscultate fetal heart sounds?

A) Low in the abdomen
  B) Left lateral abdomen
  C) High in the abdomen
  D) Right lateral abdomen

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kardosa007

Answer to Question 1

A
After evacuation of a hydatidiform mole, long-term follow-up is necessary to make sure any remaining trophoblastic tissue does not become malignant. Serial hCG levels are monitored closely for 1 year and the client is urged to avoid pregnancy for 1 year because it can interfere with the monitoring of hCG levels. Iron intake and blood pressure are not important aspects of follow-up after evacuation of a hydatidiform mole. Use of a reliable contraceptive is strongly recommended so that pregnancy is avoided.

Answer to Question 2

C
With a breech presentation, fetal heart sounds usually are heard high in the abdomen. In a breech presentation, fetal heart sounds will not be heard low in the abdomen or over the left or right lateral abdominal regions.

justinmsk

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library