This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What is the statement You interrupted me three times during the meeting an example of? A) ... (Read 192 times)

lak

What is the statement You interrupted me three times during the meeting an example of?

A) Conjunctive, not disjunctive communication
  B) Owned, not disowned communication
  C) Problem oriented, not person oriented communication
  D) Specific, not global communication

Question 2

What is the statement I have decided to turn down your request an example of?

A) Conjunctive, not disjunctive communication
  B) Owned, not disowned communication
  C) Problem oriented, not person oriented communication
  D) Specific, not global communication

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mtmmmmmk

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D
Explanation: A) Incorrect. Conjunctive communication is a focus on statements that flow from what has previously been said and that facilitate interaction. This statement is an example of specific, rather than global, communication.
B) Incorrect. Owned communication is a focus on taking responsibility for your own statements by using I words. This statement is an example of specific, rather than global, communication.
C) Incorrect. Problem-oriented communication is a focus on problems and issues that can be changed rather than people and their characteristics. This statement is an example of specific, rather than global, communication.
D) Correct. Specific communication focuses on avoiding overgeneralization, extreme statements, or false dichotomies (either-or statements).

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B
Explanation: A) Incorrect. Conjunctive communication is a focus on statements that flow from what has previously been said and that facilitate interaction. This statement is an example of owned, not disowned, communication.
B) Correct. Owned communication uses first-person nouns and verbs so that the communicator takes responsibility for a decision or opinion.
C) Incorrect. Problem-oriented communication is a focus on problems and issues that can be changed rather than people and their characteristics. This statement is an example of specific, rather than global, communication.
D) Incorrect. Specific communication is a focus on specific events or behaviors to avoid general, extreme, either-or statements. This statement is an example of global, rather than specific, communication.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 6, 2018
Excellent

bdobbins

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library