Author Question: How do I make the decay constant the subject in the formula T=ln(2)/decay constant? (Read 582 times)

T = half life. Lol stuck on a physics question. I rearranged it to Decay constant = ln(2)/T ... but I have a feeling I have rearranged it wrong.

geoffrey

You have rearranged it correctly.

T = In(2) / D

Move the / D across the equals sign and it becomes T x D = In(2).

Then move the T over the equals sign to give:

D = In(2) / T.

Decay = In(2) / T

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library