Author Question: Should I get a part time job while taking 3 science class? (Read 1704 times)

wenmo

This semester I'm taking two biology class: Diversity of Organism and Genetics, one organic chemistry class: Ochem part II, computer science (C Programming), and Calculus 3. I need to take these class, however I want to take a part time job so I could pay my way instead of asking my parents. Should I take a part time job?

clippers!

it depend if you will be capable of still doing good on these courses. you have to organize your time in a way so they wont interfere with one another. if you think you can do it and have time for everything then go for it, but if you have a chance of screwing one up then i think dont. it also depend if your good with these subjects because they are not that easy.

Good luck.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

jake

Yes of course you have to take a part time job

bobthebuilder

If you can manage your time wisely...then sure, go for it! This is something that you can only decide because you know what YOU need to do in order to succeed as a student. No one else does. Some people barely study and get all A's while others study a lot and still end up with C's on exams. Welcome to the real world...life isn't fair! I am a full-time Biochemistry Major and I do not work because my schedule is even harder than yours as a junior in college. I need a lot of time to study and really focus on academics for me to maintain good grades (B's and higher).

jake

It would super considerate of you to take the part time job, but as a student in College with only ONE science class (which I FAILED because of work) I would honestly and strongly suggest for you to NOT do it. I love science and it wasn't that it was hard for me, just that the class demanded lots of time/dedication and my job (cashier at a store) demanded me to stay past 10:00 sometimes (lots of times) and that made me so tired I could not possibly finish my homework/study without falling asleep. I did it for the same reason but when my parents found out they forced me to quit work (because they cherish education) and I honestly was so thankful that I didn't have to work, because If i did, I would  have failed this semester too. Now, I'm not working and passing all of my classes including chem :)

Lots of teens go in the workforce thinking they can handle /manage it, but then see the reality of how hard it is.

hubes95

How are you managing your work right now? If you find yourself constantly studying with little time to even socialize then I think you should focus more on your academics. If you feel you're handling the workload well, I say try finding a part time job and doing a month trial in seeing if you can balance the two. If you can't, I'd say quit the part time job. Good luck!

clippers!

Isn't Ochem pretty bad?.. Calc III seemed harder to me than Calc II. I say no. The satisfaction of supporting yourself and getting a little bit out from underneath your parents' wings isn't worth taking the risk on your grades and GPA which... your grades and GPA will affect scholarship opportunities and employment opportunities.....g ood grades are worth the sacrifice......a lot of people live poor during school but it's definitely worth it if it pays off in terms of good academic performance.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library