This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Wally and Sharon are out on a date. When Sharon asks Wally where they should go for dinner, Wally ... (Read 94 times)

frankwu

Wally and Sharon are out on a date. When Sharon asks Wally where they should go for dinner, Wally says My coworkers keep telling me about that new Japanese place downtown, so it must be a great place to eat. Wally's response illustrates the use of a(n)

a. availability heuristic.
  b. confirmation bias.
  c. conjunction rule.
  d. permission schema.

Question 2

Derrick purchased a new car, a Ford Mustang, less than a month ago. While sitting in traffic, Derrick says to his girlfriend, Mustangs must be the best-selling car now. I can't remember seeing as many on the road as I have recently. Derrick's judgment is most likely biased by a(n)

a. representativeness heuristic.
  b. availability heuristic.
  c. illusory correlation.
  d. permission schema.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ErinKing

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

b

frankwu

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library