This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Kate is caring for Nancy, a 34-year-old abused woman, who was admitted to the hospital with multiple ... (Read 43 times)

jerry coleman

Kate is caring for Nancy, a 34-year-old abused woman, who was admitted to the hospital with multiple rib fractures that she received from her partner. Nancy states, I don't blame Mike for what he did to me; I can be so stupid sometimes.

Kate recognizes this statement as a manifestation of which of the following? A. Body image disturbance
  B. Low self-esteem
  C. Cultural differences
  D. Sexual orientation

Question 2

Maggie is 7 months pregnant with her first child. She is 37 years old and waited to start a family until she felt established in her career.

She is visiting the health care provider for her scheduled prenatal check up and tells the nurse that she is short of breath and fatigued. What is the best re-sponse from the nurse? A. You should have let us know immediately instead of waiting until your ap-pointment.
  B. I'll make a note of it on your chart.
  C. That is normal; your uterus is pushing on your diaphragm, making it more diffi-cult to breathe.
  D. The health care provider should have warned you about this on your last visit.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

srodz

Answer to Question 1

B
Self-concept is your view of who you are. It is a combination of unconscious and conscious thoughts, attitudes, and perceptions. Self-concept, or how you think about yourself, directly affects your self-esteem, or how you feel about yourself.

Answer to Question 2

C
Pregnancy causes changes in ventilation. As the fetus grows during pregnancy, the greater size of the uterus pushes abdominal contents up against the diaphragm. During the last trimester of pregnancy the inspiratory capacity declines, resulting in dyspnea on exertion and increased fa-tigue.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library