Author Question: Rearrange each formula to solve for the indicated variable. (Read 4183 times)

Hungry!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

:o

clippers!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

(y - q) / a = b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

clippers!

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

((i / p) - u)/x = c

Engineer

add q on both side we get
y+q=ab
now divide a on both side
(y+q)/a = b
so answer is
(y+q)/a = b

Engineer

same as second one answer is

(i-pu)/px = c

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library