This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The radiocarbon content of 14C decreases after the death of a living system with a half-life of 5730 ... (Read 66 times)

corkyiscool3328

The radiocarbon content of 14C decreases after the death of a living system with a half-life of 5730 y. If an archaeologist working a dig finds an ancient firepit containing some partially consumed firewood and the wood contains only 12.5 percent of the 14C content of an equal carbon sample from a present-day tree, what is the age of the ancient site?

Question 2

The half-life of 131I is 8 days. On a certain day, the activity of an 131I sample is 6.4 mCi. What is its activity 40 days later?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

17 190 years

Answer to Question 2

200 mCi

corkyiscool3328

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
:D TYSM

strudel15

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library