This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When ordering supplies for a center, it is important to use child-friendly and environment-friendly ... (Read 123 times)

Davideckstein7

When ordering supplies for a center, it is important to use child-friendly and environment-friendly products. Discuss the meaning of these terms and give one example of an environmental-friendly product or one way centers can conserve the environment.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Why is it more important to select learning materials and equipment based on the knowledge of how children learn and develop or to select based on the standards set forth by state departments of education and national professional organizations and/or recent emphasis on kindergarten readiness? Write one reason for your choice.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
Child-friendly means products that are safe for children to use; environment-friendly are products or ways that help conserve and protect the worlds environments (i.e. forests, water). Examples of environment-friendly products/actions include recycled paper, minimizing use of paper and plastic products (i.e. paper plates and cups), recycling, and conserving water.

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
It is more important to select learning materials and equipment based on the knowledge of how children learn and develop. Reason: Children learn best through active involvement with the environment, so selection of equipment should be based on this knowledge. Providing opportunities for children to play, investigate, and discover the world around them promotes and encourages the skills and knowledge necessary for kindergarten readiness. Selecting equipment that supports childrens interest in learning in all areas encourages development of skills in the content areas (i.e. math, science, literacy, social studies) and in the arts.

Davideckstein7

Reply 2 on: Sep 15, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library