Author Question: Need help with a sociology question on an assignment? (Read 1048 times)

Melanie

This is a question on my sociology homework.  I have been stuck on this question for a good hour or so.  Any help would be appreciated as I am very lost on it.

How would a structural functionalist, conflict theorist, and symbolic interactionist discuss the institutions of religion and K-12 education in the U.S.?

camila

marx would say that religion was the opiate of the masses and say it was the way we were owned and controlled by the capitalist class to keep us under - Durkheim would say that the function of education is to make better citizens and the function of religion is to keep us humane and on the right side of the law symbolic interactionists would probably argue that we would have to know how each participant were symbolising their experience and what their background induction had been religion and education are not perceived as the same by everybody as sub cultures imbue experience with their own meaning.