This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Just as Evelyn reached the bus stop, her bus pulled away. I knew it, she muttered to herself, the ... (Read 60 times)

Lisaclaire

Just as Evelyn reached the bus stop, her bus pulled away. I knew it, she muttered to herself, the bus driver hates me. Just as she reached the lobby at work, the elevator doors were closing. My co-workers probably saw me but let the doors close anyway, she thought. Later that day, she encountered some problems with her computer. I bet someone was messing with my computer, she thought, probably trying to make me screw up and look bad. Grrr. Based on these incidents, it appears that Evelyn has a ____.

a. hostile attribution bias
  b. Type A attributional style
  c. tendency to make the ultimate attribution error
  d. hostile expectation bias

Question 2

Suppose that you are leading a group project. Research suggests that, in order for your group to be as effective as possible, you should ____.

a. give people complete confidence in the group by telling them never to criticize any ideas that are raised in group discussions
  b. require group members to brainstorm all ideas collaboratively as a team, rather than to think up ideas independently
  c. have different people specialize in different tasks or content areas
  d. encourage in the group a sense of being on the moral high ground