This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mr. A is a 70-year-old man with Alzheimer who was admitted for pneumonia. The family reports that he ... (Read 20 times)

stephzh

Mr. A is a 70-year-old man with Alzheimer who was admitted for pneumonia. The family reports that he is usually independent with ADLs at home, but has been very confused in the hospital.

You find him urinating in the corner of his room. What is the priority response?

A. Would you be willing to wear a condom catheter and leg bag so that we can keep you dry?
  B. If you feel like you need to urinate, just push the call bell and someone will come to help you.
  C. Let me help you clean up and then I will call your family to come and sit with you.
  D. Sir, can you tell me your name? Can you tell me where you are right now?

Question 2

You are reviewing orders related to the urinary system for Ms. S. Which orders would you question? (Select all that apply.)

A. Insert a Foley catheter with a urometer.
  B. Measure I & O every hour.
  C. Obtain a urine sample for urinalysis.
  D. Perform Crede maneuver every 4 hours.
  E. Up to bedside commode with assistance as needed.
  F. Apply skin barrier paste to perineal area as needed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

k.lashomb

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bblaney

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library