Author Question: How did monasteries play a role in medicine? (Read 936 times)

hummingbird

Hi , for my history homework i have got to do a presentation on how monasteries played a role in medicine and i don't have a clue what to write. Could you please just give me some bullet points of what I could put in my homework please.
                    Thanks

Yolanda

the church invited beer for mass consumption. this helped in the dark ages to prevent prevent several water born diseases due to the disinfecting property of the distill. they would literaly make duck pond ooze cesspools into a drinkable liquid for the mass population.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library