This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when ... (Read 107 times)

When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when determining whether such force was reasonable?
  I. Standing in your shoes
  II. The actions of a reasonable officer
  III. Triangle of deadly force

A) I only
  B) I, II
  C) II, III
  D) I, II, III

Question 2

Which of the following are examples of excessive force used by a police officer?
  I. Compliance holds on a subject who is physically fighting with his wife during a domestic disturbance
  II. Use of firearm against a suspect, who is armed with a knife, has just stabbed a store clerk, won't put the knife down, and is telling the officer he is going to kill the officer
  III. Use of chemical gas against a protester who refuses to leave the courtroom
  IV. Use of a taser on a 12-year-old middle school student who spits at the police officer

A) I, II
  B) I, II, III
  C) II, III, IV
  D) III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hikerman221

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library